It’s that time of the year where cold weather means time to seek refuge on a sunny beach pronto! Well I have the antidote for your bug. It’s called Zighy Bay, Oman Six Senses Resort & Spa.
It is the ultimate, hidden getaway just a 90 minute drive from Dubai. As you arrive, you climb up dramatic mountains on the northern Musandam Peninsula which surround the resort. The view at the top is stunning overlooking turquoise Zighy Bay and a resort that almost blends into the landscape.
1. If you are not afraid of heights – this is the way to start your R&R at Zighy Bay. When you first arrive at the top of the mountains, you can have it arranged to Paraglide down to the beach. The staff will then meet you down by the resort and your private butler will take you to your villa. Make sure to check in advance – they book quickly!
2. Try to get a villa in the row next to the beach (I stayed in Villa #9 – villa area north). It’s nice to have the beach as your backyard. The villas are nothing less of perfection offering you your own private pool, lots of space to sprawl out and complete privacy which means ideal escape with that someone special - wink, wink.
3. Two fantastico restaurants to try are Vinotheque - a cellar with a vast selection of wines and Sense on the Edge - an impressive restaurant at the top of the mountain offering those breathtaking views at night. Personally, I enjoyed staying in the villa and ordering room service – definitely try the Omani Spiney Lobsters – I still dream of them.
4. The spa is unparalleled. I had a four hand massage there – best massage of my life!
5. Also make sure to cruise around on your personal bikes and do breakfast near the main pool. Makes you feel like you live in a little village. Love it!
James Bond eat your heart out! It’s a once in a lifetime trip! Bisous NYS